I don’t know of any mom with little ones that doesn’t feel busy. Many littles ones can often make a momma feel extra busy. Many children, while homeschooling and naturally homemaking and more, can make a momma wonder how in the world she’s going to do it all.
If she’s balancing a baby on her hip while balancing all of those other responsibilities, she might fall over. Or drop something. Hopefully not the baby.
Life with baby often means that ordinary tasks seem extra complicated, if not almost impossible. Babies want held, but most life activities require these very special body parts called arms and hands.
What’s a busy mom to do? Put the baby down and just let the little muffin wail? Certainly there’s a better solution that that!
And there is! Baby wearing, of course!
I’ve been baby wearing since our first was only a month or two old. I used ring slings and pouch slings at first, but after a couple of years, I got hooked on wraps.
Baby wraps are just long pieces of fabric, sometimes stretchy and sometimes not. You wrap them around yourself, creating a safe place for your baby to be secured and tied to you. I love their simplicity!
But as my babies get heavier, wraps sometimes become more uncomfortable or feel a little less supportive. I considered getting a more structured carrier after seeing friends with one.
My husband wanted something that would work better for him, too. He could never get the hang of wraps and he thought a carrier with buckles and straps looked a bit more manly.
We opted for the Boba Carrier (in manly shades of gray), and the vote was unanimous. We both use it, and we both love it!
Features of the Boba Carrier
At first, I wasn’t sure if I’d like the feel of the carrier compared to my wraps. Once I got the fit all adjusted, though, I really was thrilled with it. Baby C loves it, too! I think she feels more secure in this style of carrier now that she is older and heavier.
Take a look at some of my favorite features:
1. The buckles that secure the arm straps together connect to the carrier on these attachments that can slide up or down the piping on the carrier. That means that they can be adjusted for security and comfort for different sizes and front or back carries. Genius.
2. The waist belt clips together easily and has lots of room for adjustment. Another really smart feature is the elastic loops that wrap around the extra belt straps when it is set to a smaller size. Rather than have the extra straps hanging down, they are kept neatly up.
3. See that small strap that’s buttoned down on the shoulder strap? You can unbutton that and hook the strap to your purse or diaper bag in there, then secure it again. It always drives me nuts when my bags slip off of my shoulder because I have a baby carrier on, but this took care of that!
4. The waist band of the carrier offers a pocket with a zipper that’s perfect for holding my cell phone. I used that pocked a lot when our family was on a short vacation and when I took the five littles to the zoo. It’s really handy!
5. My Baby C often falls asleep in the Boba Carrier. When she does, I can pull out the carrier’s hood and snap it to a comfortable spot for a little extra head support for her.
6. The hood also can be hidden in another pocket or removed altogether. If you take the hood off completely, the hood pocket then offers up some extra storage space.
This carrier really has been a life saver around the home and when we are out and about. It’s extremely comfortable and secure for both me and Baby C. I know she likes it because she often lays her head down on my chest as soon as I put her in it when she’s tired!
Using this carrier has helped me get more done during my day, kept my baby happier, helped my posture, and honestly lowered my stress levels. When the baby’s happy, it’s a whole lot easier for momma to be happy!
See, a happy baby! (Yes, I watermarked my baby’s face. It’s a protective momma thing, but I just thought this was too cute to not share!)
And that’s usually how Baby C ends up the carrier. Fast asleep and snuggled right up next to me. It’s really quite delightful.
Win a Boba!
The fine folks at Boba are offering one of each of their three carriers as giveaway prizes for the month of September! There will be three different winners, too, so that gives you more opportunities to win!
Boba kindly provided a Boba Carrier 4G in Dusk for this review, though I was not monetarily compensated. As always, all opinions are my own, and I will never be less than 100% honest with you.