Keeping a well-stocked natural home can be a challenge, but online shopping makes things so much easier! With a few clicks or taps, you can do some comparison shopping, snag great deals, and find valuable, unique items that are hard to find locally.
The following products are items that I personally use and recommend wholeheartedly. My affiliate links and referral links are included when available, and I’m only an affiliate for things I really love and can personally recommend. (You can read my full affiliate disclosure here.)
As an herbalist and aromatherapist, one of the most frequent questions I get is in regards to essential oil brands. The short answer is that there are many quality essential oil brands available. The long answer can be found in my book, Essential Oils: Separating Truth from Myth. I personally use or can recommend the following essential oil brands as options to consider:
- Florihana (available through Tropical Traditions; watch for free shipping coupons!) is a French distillery and also my top choice for therapeutic purposes because of their extensive certifications. Most of my essential oils are from Florihana.
- Hopewell Essential Oils carries a very large selection of high-quality essential oils at some of the best prices around. Shipping isn’t free, but you may save a substantial amount of money regardless. This small, Christian family-owned business also provides excellent information.
- Eden Botanicals offers an extensive catalog of premium essential oils, hydrosols (distilled botanical waters), extracts, carrier oils, diffusers, and aromatherapy accessories. They specialize in bulk and wholesale options, but now offer quantities more appropriate for the home user.
- Nature’s Gift is a well-respected aromatherapy supplier among herbalists and aromatherapists. Domestic orders ship free over $50, the selection is extensive, and the site is filled with excellent aromatherapy education.
- Plant Therapy is doing great things with a growing line of certified organic oils, carrier oils, accessories, blends, roll-on bottles, hydrosols, and more. Free shipping on US orders.
- Rocky Mountain Oils offers great blends and roll-ons, along with a small assortment of accessories. Many of their oils and blends come diluted in a carrier oil, so be sure to read ingredients before buying. GC/MS reports are available. Free shipping on US orders.
- Mountain Rose Herbs offers a great selection of certified organic essential oils. Because GC/MS testing isn’t as readily available, I prefer these oils for less therapeutic purposes, like cleaning and light air freshening.
Herbs, Extracts, & DIY Ingredients
Home herbal DIY projects are so fun! And herbal medicine can be an excellent first line of defense, or a great supplement to, conventional treatments and pharmaceuticals.
- Mountain Rose Herbs is my favorite source for bulk herbs, but they also offer wonderful carrier oils, butters, extracts, teas, and more. It’s a simply delightful online store!
- Bulk Herb Store also offers excellent herbs, many organic. Their selection isn’t quite as vast as Mountain Rose Herbs, but they run fantastic sales from time to time.
- Frontier Co-Op is another option, and might be extra convenient because they are available on Amazon. I prefer MRH or BHS, though, because the herbs tend to be fresher.
- Herb Pharm and Gaia Herbs are both excellent choices for herbal extracts and prepared herbal formulas. The liquid extracts are much more potent than anything you can make at home.
There are so many things I love about Fit2B! I have been a member for about 4 years and am totally hooked. There are over 200 workout videos for various levels of fitness, including videos just for kids and pregnant or postpartum moms.
The focus is on gentle fitness with diastasis recti awareness and an overall message of loving and respecting your body for what it did to make you a mother. The members’ Facebook group is an amazingly safe place, too. I can’t recommend it enough!
Use the code “smith” at checkout and get 30% off your yearly membership.
Handy Kitchen Gadgets
The right tools make healthy cooking simpler, faster, and more convenient. Here are some of my favorites:
WonderMill Grain Mill
Freshly ground whole grains are the foundation of every sourdough recipe I make. I love that I can make so many different flours by grinding them myself, too! The WonderMill has an excellent warranty and is really a powerhouse.
WonderMix Kitchen Mixer
The WonderMix is a beastly mixer and can handle triple batches of whole grain sourdough bread dough without a complaint. It’s perfect for large family baking, but if you need something that manages smaller jobs, a heavy-duty KitchenAid mixer might be a better fit.
It took me a while to jump on the electric pressure cooker bandwagon, but when I did, my life was changed! My 7-in-1 Instant Pot makes the best rice, the easiest yogurt, and the fastest soups, stews, roasts, and beans. It even works as a slow cooker! I highly recommend having one of these, and even considering a second insert and lids for extra convenience.
Ninja Professional Blender
There are pricier, and perhaps slightly more professional, blenders on the market, but for the power and price of the Ninja Professional, I really can’t imagine spending more. I love that it is big enough to make smoothies for our whole family!
Excalibur Food Dehydrator
A food dehydrator may not be a must-have, but it is so convenient during gardening season! Plus, I prefer to make granola in a dehydrator rather than the oven because I never have to worry about it burning. I have a big stainless steel, 9-tray Excalibur (the gold-standard of dehydrators) which I love, but you can also find more moderately priced options on Amazon, like this one.