In the second episode of A Better Way to Thrive Live that aired March 2, 2019, Kendra P. asks:
If I make a blend of 3 oils, how do I make the correct dilution? Maybe there’s a simple solution I’m not seeing, but once the oils are mixed, how can I get the correct drops?
This is a great question, especially for those who have some experience using essential oils at home. Watch below to get the scoop on diluting your custom essential oil blends.
- 0:00, Introduction and subscriber question
- 2:30, Overview of what you need to keep in mind when diluting your custom essential oil blends, including two resources to make it easier
- 5:00, How to decide on your total dilution percentage and total number of drops in your carrier
- 9:20, How to choose the essential oils for your formula
- 14:30, How to think through the properties of each essential oil in the formula, and how to distribute the total allowable drops among the oils in your blend
- 17:10, How I created the Headache Blend using this process
- 22:00, Concluding words and encouragement
Affiliate links are included at no additional cost to you.
- The Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide, currently available in the 2018 Herbs & Essential Oils Super Bundle– A printable set of charts and checklists that makes home essential oil use simpler, safer, and more enjoyable
- Essential Oils: Separating Truth from Myth– Don’t be fooled by all the essential oil hype out there. My book breaks down 25 common essential oil myths and replaces them with sound, factual information so you can use these plant extracts safely and effectively. Available in PDF, Kindle, and paperback.
- Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art– An excellent home reference book by two herbalists and aromatherapists
- The Encyclopedia of Essential Oils– Another excellent home reference guide by a respected, seasoned aromatherapist
- Cobalt blue roll-on bottles– Pretty blue 10 ml glass bottles with stainless steel balls
- Dark amber blue roll-on bottles– Standard dark amber 10 ml glass bottles with stainless steel balls
- Headache Roll-On Blend with Essential Oils– My go-to blend that’s safe for kids and during pregnancy
- Suggested essential oil brands– A list of reputable brands I use and/or can recommend
How to Get Extra Help When Using Essential Oils at Home
There’s enough information and misinformation about essential oils on the internet to keep you busy reading for years. But when your time is precious and you need reliable answers, going to the right person can save you a lot of frustration and disappointment.
As a certified aromatherapist and trained herbalist, I can help you create custom blends to meet health goals, teach you how to get started with essential oils or show you how to incorporate essential oils into your current lifestyle.
No hype allowed.
Learn how to work with me here.
What is A Better Way to Thrive Live?
A Better Way to Thrive Live is a monthly live video where I answer subscriber questions about natural health. These are hosted on A Better Way to Thrive’s Facebook page on the first Saturday of every month at 3 pm Eastern. The replay is later uploaded to the YouTube channel and shared here in a blog post.
Get your questions answered by joining the subscriber community:[convertkit form=977872]
You’ll also get a copy of my helpful guide 3 Things to Get at the Store Tomorrow to Get a Jumpstart with Natural Living when you subscribe.
You can email anytime with a question, but I’ll also ask for them from time to time. If I use yours, I’ll be sure to drop a note and let you know!